Minutes of the HR/Personnel Committee Meeting – 10th February 2021
BRACKLA COMMUNITY COUNCIL
THE NEXT MEETING OF BRACKLA COMMUNITY COUNCIL
HUMAN RESOURCES/PERSONNEL COMMITTEE MEETING
Wednesday 10th February 2020 at 6.30 pm
Via Video link
Members of Brackla Community Council Human Resources/Personnel Committee
are summoned to attend this meeting
Cllr T Giffard – Chairperson
Cllr K Rowlands
Cllr J Spanswick
Cllr T Walsh
Mrs R Keepins – Clerk of the Council
Miss H May – Admin Officer
11. Apologies for Absence
Cllr C Jackson
12. Declarations of Interest
Miss H May declared a personal interest in relation to item 14, Staff Review – Job Descriptions and Roles for Office Staff. She left the meeting for this item.
13. To consider the Grass Cutting and Grounds Maintenance Contract
The Grass Cutting and Grounds Maintenance Contract was discussed in detail by Members and the following was agreed to be recommended to Full Council.
• That litter Bin 13 on the list of works, located in the lane from Coychurch Road to Underwood Place, be removed as this no longer exists.
• That under 1.3 General Requirements in the contract, it be highlighted that all edges of flower beds be clipped, not strimmed, to avoid grass cuttings covering the beds.
• That the payment method be separated out for Summer and Winter schedules.
The Committee also proposed that random checks be carried out by Members whereby they use the dates and locations on the timesheets to compare against the work that has been undertake in the said area.
14. Staff Review – Job Descriptions and Roles for Office Staff
The Committee discussed the draft job description and proposed that it be amended to account for the role of the Assistant Clerk in that if the Clerk were on leave, the Admin Assistant would then support the Assistant Clerk in the running of the Council. They furthermore suggested that a basic knowledge of finance was needed for the job and to include this as a form of training in the job description.
Members amended and agreed the draft Job Description for the Admin Assistant to be recommended to Full Council.
The Committee recommend that the Admin Assistant six-month contract be based on an 18-hour week, subject to available funds. If there were not sufficient funds in the budget to allow for this, it was recommended that the role continue on a 16-hour a week contract.
15. Caretaker Contract of Employment
The Contract of Employment for the two Community Centre Caretakers was agreed, proposed by Cllr T Giffard and seconded by Cllr J Spanswick.Print Document