THE NEXT MEETING OF BRACKLA COMMUNITY COUNCIL
HUMAN RESOURCES/PERSONNEL COMMITTEE MEETING Thursday 22 August 2019 at 4.00 pm
Committee Room, Brackla Community Centre
Cllr J Spanswick – Chairperson Cllr D Aston Cllr T Giffard Cllr T Walsh
4. Apologies for Absence Cllr K. Rowlands
5. Declarations of Interest None
6. Grass Cutting and Grounds Maintenance Contract The Committee went through the contract page by page and agreed a series of amendments, including the following;
- For all cuttings to be removed on roundabouts, the Surgery and the Community Centre but elsewhere to let cuttings remain within the area;
- To add a section on weed spraying to the contract and make sure relevant certificates are in place;
- To add a section in for winter arrangements which includes cutting back and litter picking. A winter schedule would take place from mid-October to mid-March ;
- To agree a monetary value for capping ad hoc work; • All work be subject to random spot checks with any inconsistencies brought to the attention of the Council;
- Frequencies agreed as 7 cuts per year for areas that are also cut by Bridgend County Borough Council and 14 cuts to other areas with the former cut between the Borough cuts;
- There should be a rolling monitor of hours – which would be by a work schedule given with an invoice;
Brackla Community Council c/o Oak Tree Surgery, Whitethorn Drive, Brackla, Bridgend CF31 2PQ Tel: 01656 767072 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.bracklacommunitycouncil.gov.uk
- Treatment for Japanese knotweed or any other noxious weeds to be determined by the Council;
- Hi Visibility clothing included as part of Health and Safety – the Council to provide;
- An annual review of the contract be included as part of agreement whereby it be understood that this could result in an increase or decrease in work;
- Many paragraphs were removed from the initial draft as they were perceived as not required.
Members requested that clarification be sought from One Voice Wales as to the detail required for both the insurance section as well as the Health and Safety section, the latter of which including machinery, training, certificates, experienced labour etc, clarifying what would be legally sufficient.
Members asked that clarification be sought as to whether David Thomas did any winter weeding on behalf of the Community Council.
Meeting Closed at 5:20pm
Signed by Chairperson, Cllr J Spanswick
Rachel Keepins Clerk of the Council